Chelmno

CHEŁMNO – a city located in the diocese of Toruń, on the Vistula, 42 km north of Toruń. Sanctuary of Our Lady of Sorrows.

Chełmno was granted city rights in the 13th century. At that time, it was the main center of the Teutonic Knights. In the period …

helmet

HELMET – a town in Podlasie with a sanctuary associated with the cult of the icon of Our Lady of Chełm.

An icon like Hodegetria, which, according to tradition, was to be painted by St.. Luke the Evangelist, it was made on three cypress boards pressed together. According to legends, the origins of worship …

Charłupia Mała

SMALL CHARLUPIA – sanctuary of Our Lady of Charłupska in the diocese of Włocławek. The village is located approx. 4 km to the north-west. from Sieradz.

The temple with the miraculous painting is a neo-Gothic building, hall, three-aisle, buttressed outside. It was established at the beginning of the 20th century. like …

Byszewo

BYSZEWO – village in the Pelplin diocese with the sanctuary of Our Lady of Byszewo, Queen of Krajna, about 10 km west of Koronowa.

The history of Byszewo is connected with the Cistercian order, who came here in 1253 at the invitation of Mikołaj Zbrożek, treasurer of the Prince of Kuyavia, Kazimierz. …

Bydgoszcz

BYDGOSZCZ – parish church of St.. Marcin and Mikołaj with the miraculous image of Our Lady of Beautiful Love, city (town rights from the 14th century) at the mouth of the Brda River to the Vistula River, in the Archdiocese of Gniezno.

Bydgoszcz – once (XII w.) castellan stronghold, today a strong center …

Birch trees

BROWNERS – a town located on the Dniester in eastern Galicia. His fame was associated with the miraculous image of Christ Crucified and the Mother of God standing under the cross.

Someday, when the painting was still in private hands, you can see drops of blood flowing out in the picture …

Brzeżany

BRONZE – in the former republic a city, Roman Catholic and Greek Catholic parish and deanery, as well as the parish of Armenian Catholics in the Archdiocese of Lviv in Ukraine. Marian cult center.

The town was known already in the 15th century., from 1772 under the Austrian partition, in years 1918-1939 she belonged …

Brdów

BRDÓW – the sanctuary of Our Lady of Victory in the Diocese of Włocławek.

A village in the Kujawy Lakeland, between Jeź. Modzerowski and Brdowski, 8 km to the south. from Izbica Kujawska. Parish erected before 1326. The former and present monastic complex of oo. Paulinów picturesquely situated on a high …

Borek Stary

OLD BORK – sanctuary of Our Lady of Borecka, located in the Przemyśl archdiocese. The caretakers of the center are oo. Dominicans.

According to tradition, at the end of the 13th century. in the place of today's church, and then in an inaccessible wilderness, an image was supposed to appear on the tree in a mysterious way …