Tag Archives: temples

THE MOUNTAIN OF SAINT ANNE

THE MOUNTAIN OF SAINT ANNE – a pilgrimage center located in Opole Silesia, at distance 16 km from Strzelce Opolskie, in the diocese of Opole.

For centuries, the gothic figure of St.. Anna Samotrzecia. Rzeźba została wykonana

Gościkowo-Paradyż

GOŚCIKOWO-PARADYŻ – village, halfway between Świebodzin and Międzyrzecz. Sanctuary of Our Lady of Paradyska in the Diocese of Zielona Góra and Gorzów.

Bronisz, the voivode of Poznań, was the owner of the village of Gościkowo, who donated his property to the founding of a Cistercian abbey. W 1234 nuns came from Lehnina in Brandenburg …

Gostyń

GOSTYŃ – minor basilica. Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St.. Philip Neri located on the so-called. Święta Góra in the Archdiocese of Poznań. The city is about 70 km south of Poznań.

One of the most magnificent buildings rising on the Holy Mountain, baroque temples …

Gniezno

PRE-CHRISTIAN GNIEZNO (formerly Gniezdno from "nest") – the main tribal center of Polan and the seat of the prince.

Gniezno was founded in the 7th and 8th century. According to the legend given in Kronika Wielkopolska, praojciec-eponim Polan (Lechitów), Lech, after parting with two brothers, Czech and Rus, …

Glogowiec

Glogworm – a village located approx. 7 km north of Kutno in the Archdiocese of Warsaw. Sanctuary of Our Lady of Głogowiec.

Temple of. Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St.. Adalbert from the 15th century., expanded in the 16th and 17th centuries, was rebuilt in 1912. Jest

Gietrzwałd

GIETRZWAŁD – a village situated 41 18 km to the south. west of Olsztyn, in the Archdiocese of Warmia. Guardians sanctuary of Our Lady of Gietrzwałd from 1945 there are regular Lateran canons.

The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Gietrzwałd is the only center of Marian devotion in Poland, in which apart from …

Elk

EŁK – the capital of Masuria and the Ełk diocese with the cathedral. Of the Transfiguration - diocesan shrine of Our Lady of Fatima.

The first mention of the Old Prussian settlement of Łek comes from 1254. The capital of Prussian Masuria was conquered and colonized in the 14th and 15th centuries. by the Teutonic Knights. Komtur

Dukla

DUKLA – the city on Jasiołka, to the north. on the border of the Low Beskids, in the Przemyśl Archdiocese. It was founded on the trade route to Hungary known as the Dukla route. The city is associated with Saint John of Dukla.

Saint John was born in Dukla at the beginning of the 15th century. …

Dębowiec

Oak tree – sanctuary of Our Lady of La Salette located in the diocese of Rzeszów, 8 km south of Jaslo.

The largest center in Poland that spreads the cult of the Crying Lady of La Salette, venerated especially as the Reconciler of Sinners. W 1 846 in the small French village of La …